Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Beauty

Video-India Arie

"Im not your average girl from the videos and i aint built like a super model,
but i learned to love myself unconditionally, because i am a queen."

Phenomenol Woman-Maya Angelou

"Pretty woman wonder where my secret lies,
im not cute or fit to a models size, but when i start to tell them
they think im telling lies.....
Im a woman phenomenally, phenomenal woman, Thats Me."

I love these two poems because they both give insight into who i am,
i have never tried to be someone that i wasnt, i mean
i had a conversation with my beautiful boyfriend and i let out my
insecurites about my weight! you see i have always wanted to be skinnier
but not for the right reasons, i just wanted to fit in, but what is
fitting in. I never thought i was ugly i just thought i would be more
accepted and liked. But now i feel like THIS IS ME.
Ya see why should i be doing things for others when in the end they are
not gonna be importand to my life. Am i wrong for liking Me for Who
i am?
India Arie speaks wonders because i cant be the "video" girl that seems to
have so much "beauty" that it seems fake but like ms.Angelou i feel like my
beauty is a wonderful secret, it hurts alot
because i dont understand why it is such a secret, IM NOT UGLY.
am i?

What is Beauty?

No comments:

Post a Comment